2009年5月15日金曜日

Homework #3

How do you greet people in your life?
When I greet people, I say “こんにちは”, “おはよう”. Sometimes I make a bow and wave.
But, it is doing for special person.

Is it different for different people? How so and why?
When I meet a first time to someone, I use a polite manner of speaking and I make a bow. It is common sense that use a polite manner of speaking. If I don’t use a polite manner of speaking, it is very impolite.
But, when I greet for friends, I use informal words. (For example, I say “おはよう” for friends, but I don’t say “おはようございます”.) I don’t shake a hand, make a bow and use formal words for friends. So, I change the way of greetings by the situation.

Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?
No, I don’t. When I talk to someone, I keep a good distance from them. I think, touching body is very familiar and we should looking eyes of person.

8 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you. I say "おはよう!" to my friends, but I don't say "おはようございます。"to them. As you say, polite manner is very important. We are students, but we have to greet politely to older people. I don't use "おはようございます。" However, sometimes I hear that when I go to junior high school or high school. Most men of teachers say "おはよう!", but women say"おはようございます。" Japanese can use "敬語", so we require polite words to older. We have complex words!!!
    However, it just our culture.

    返信削除
  2. I agree with you.
    When I meet a first time to someone, I doing you, too. You say polite manner is very important. I common with you, I think so. We must be careful polite manner especially when we meet a stranger. I think that it is one of the Japanese cultures.

    返信削除
  3. I think politeness IS very important in Japanese culture. I believe you are right.

    返信削除
  4. >Thank you for comment, Phillippoinpon♪!!
    Now, there are a lot of people who chan't use Keigo. Keigo can expressed respect, and it is very beautiful words.

    返信削除
  5. >Thank you for comment, mameshiba!!
    I agree with you. We must be careful polite manner. If we can't be careful to polite manner, partner feels bad.

    返信削除
  6. >Thank you for comment, Truth and beauty Bombs
    The polite manner is very important in Japanese. We should be careful it.

    返信削除
  7. I agree with your opinion.
    I think that to keep a good distance fron person in our dairly life is important to keep good relaltions among people.

    返信削除
  8. All of you had great comments! Keep up the good work!

    返信削除